Director: Finance, Administration, and Controls
Company: The Griffin Groupe
Posted on: February 25, 2021
View all jobs Director: Finance, Administration, and Controls
Pomona, CA -- Accounting/Finance Company: Client of The Griffin
Groupe Executive Search
Location: Pomona, CA
Job Type: Full Time
Industry: Engineering & Construction
Rate: Commensurate with Experience Director: Finance,
Administration, and Controls
This is a management position for a valued client in the
Engineering & Construction industry and is responsible for
financial oversight for an assigned Region as well as a Line of
Business. This oversight includes, but is not limited to financial
reporting, management of financial administrative support, fiscal
forecasting, financial analysis, regional audit activities, cost
control activities and various compliance activities. This position
also has responsibility as a liaison between the assigned region
and various corporate functions as required. With respect to the
governance responsibilities described below, this position has a
matrixed reporting relationship to the Corporate V-P of
This position requires strong financial and administrative
management skills and the ability to effectively communicate to all
levels of the organization and to external stakeholders and
Direct reports include the Regional Controls Manager; Claims
Manager, Procurement Manager, and Director of Assets.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Active CPA license
- BS in Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Construction or
- 10 years of advanced management experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to effectively present ideas to team, management and
- Extremely process/ detail oriented
- Big Four experience a plus
- Acts as the primary regional interface to various corporate
functions on financial, procurement, administrative and information
systems matters, providing a strong internal control environment
and producing accurate and timely financial reporting for Regional
and Corporate Management.
- Manages Regional Financial Management Services, Claims,
Procurement (and Warehouse Function), Insurance and Asset
departments which satisfy expected service levels and cost
expectations of Corporate Management, the Region's Executive
Management, Line of Business Vice Presidents and Project
- Establishes and maintains an effective administrative
capability in support of regional performance, efficiency and
- Manages budgeting and forecasting processes to ensure adequate
financial, fleet and people resources are in place to meet
performance and financial objectives.
- Delivers timely and accurate financial analysis to enhance and
support effective and profitable business outcomes.--
Provides a strong internal control environment and produces
accurate and timely financial reporting to Regional and Corporate
- Implement and maintain an effective system of financial
internal controls, monitor compliance with policies and procedures,
and implement improvements as needed.
- Support corporate audit function to ensure adequacy of internal
controls for financial transactions.
- Manage the billing process and credit and collections to
maximize cash flow.
- Manage formal Purchase Order process and other Company
- Assure effective implementation of the Work Order System (WOS)
for all customer contracts, and provide training and oversight as
- Review project set up and cost tracking with operations groups
at the project level.
- Coordinate with project teams on the negotiating and approving
of change orders, and assists with billing/collection issues.
- Review Earned Value reports, and report on potential financial
risk on projects. (e.g., cost over- runs)
- Regularly communicate the status of regional financial
performance to management and vested stakeholders.
- Coordinate with other Company financial personnel to ensure
consistency in financial reporting across - lines of business and
- Actively participate in all monthly Project Status Review
- Develop, implement and maintain all required weekly, monthly,
quarterly and yearly reporting.
- Ensure project cost and revenue budgets are accurate for use in
calculating backlog and revenue recognition
- Manage customer and regulatory requests for audits in
conjunction with corporate management.--
Manages Regional Services (Financial Management, Claims,
Procurement, Insurance and Assets) which satisfies expected service
levels and cost expectations of the Region's Line of Business
Managers and Project Managers.--
- Management of Regional Office Managers / Line of Business
Controllers and their direct reports, (and key leaders of the
Regional, Claims, Procurement, Insurance and Asset
- In conjunction with the regional Continuous Improvement (CI)
platform, develop and implement process improvements and best
practices across all lines of business and regional offices to
improve operational effectiveness.
- Measure, monitor and direct the progress of work relative to
identified goals for timeliness, efficiency, and customer
- Coordinate the review of Contracts, Subcontracts, Insurance
certificate requests and PO's for compliance with company
- Create and implement strategies to reduce costs through the
efficient use of shared services.--
Establish and maintain an effective administrative capability in
support of regional performance, efficiency and profitability goals
- Support Project Management Methodology by providing strong
project level controls and providing the appropriate project-level
financial and administrative staffing and training
- Develop, implement and manage regional administrative policies
and procedures and ensure consistency across all lines of business
and all regional offices Actively participate in the development of
staff, taking a significant role in charting the career advancement
of subordinates to ensure they reach their full potential.
- Support a culture where core values are the foundation of how
clients, employees, vendors and subcontractors all work together in
the attainment of regional business goals
- Ensure all direct reports are engaged in and embrace Our
Client's Safety Culture.
- Monitor department productivity against current project and
business needs, and forecast staffing needs to ensure optimization
of resources. Establish and monitor training and mentoring programs
for financial and support staff.--
Manages budgeting and forecasting processes to ensure adequate
financial, assets and people resources are in place to meet
performance and financial objectives.
- Manage budgeting and forecasting process.
- Ensure visibility of backlog of work-in-progress and of
upcoming opportunities, to facilitate resource planning.
- Support annual capital expenditures budget and the disposition
- Financial ownership of annual equipment replacement and
- Participates in the review of proposals and estimates to ensure
reasonable Overhead cost assumptions are utilized.Delivers timely
and accurate financial analysis to enhance and support effective
and profitable business outcomes.
- Provide status of regional financial condition by collecting,
interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Provide recommendations and advice to region's senior
management regarding improvements to financial performance.
- Develop large project Financial Profiles with actual versus
budget on cost components.
- Monitor weekly job cost reports and provide variance reports
- Develop pro-forma overhead calculations in support of large
- Develop detailed strategic plans of various initiatives as
directed by regional or corporate management.
- Coordinate real estate issues for the region in conjunction
with the Corporate Facilities Director.--
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- BS in accounting, finance or related business, engineering, or
- CPA strongly preferred
- Advanced Management Skills
- Finance/Accounting Acumen
- Listening, mentoring and constructive feedback skills
- Exceptional Organizational Ability
- Project/Process Management Skills
- Strong Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Customer Relations
- Talent Development
- Financial Management
- Conflict Resolution
- Strong Ethics and Integrity--
-- Ryan Schortmann
The Griffin Groupe
Director of Recruiting and Technology
Please contact me with any questions:
Keywords: The Griffin Groupe, Pomona , Director: Finance, Administration, and Controls, Accounting, Auditing , Pomona, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!