Sr. Network Engineer - Outside Plant
Company: Frontier Communication
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Summary of Position:This position is responsible for the
application engineering of telecommunications outside plant in a
local serving exchange environment. Subject matter expert of and
for all technical aspects of outside plant facilities work such as
but not limited to cable sizing, cable counts, cable records,
permitting for the right of ways, and easements. This position
works as a team member with Network Planning, Central Office,
Transmission, and Operations to support the growth, replacements,
and upgrades of telecommunications plant facilities. This position
also supports sales, marketing, operations, and regulatory as
needed. Candidates for this position must have experience
engineering fiber to the home deployments.Specific requirements of
the position include:
- Must have experience engineering fiber to the home
- Engineering design for outside plant projects.
- Perform field staking.
- Proactive review of outside plant facilities to determine
necessary upgrades and enhancements.
- Communicate with the state, county, city, and national indices
to gain information on planned projects that involve growth and
- Coordinate with all utilities for project design and
construction to utilize joint trench.
- Communicate with all peers and departments to ensure proper
- Maintain accurate cable records and updates.
- Attend pre-construction meetings for project designs.
- Apply for permits as required (State, DNR, City, County,
- Maintain and investigate the right of ways and easements for
- Prepare project justifications for approvals, including EWOP
documents loaded into Varasset.
- Prepare loop studies as needed.
- Prepare cost estimates for BDT s.
- Respond to DOR s as needed.
- Update records according to As-Builts.
- Land base into FROGS/Spatial Engineer (Frontier AutoCAD based
- Assist in annual budget design.
- All other activities concerning the needs of the
business.QUALIFICATIONS:Must have detailed knowledge of outside
plant activities. Knowledge of engineering tools to include the
following, FROGS/Spatial Engineer (Frontier AutoCAD based GIS),
Adobe, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, email, and other vendor
software. Excellent organizational skills, communication skills
(written and verbal), and customer relations will achieve desired
results and are critical to the position. Outside plant
construction and project management experience and inventory
management experience. Experience in right of way, private
easement, and permitting with local, state, and federal entities.
Must be able to manage multiple projects in various stages of
activity.EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:B.S. in Engineering or equivalent, or
a minimum of 3 to 5 years experience related to outside plant,
preferable in a local exchange environment. Must be able to
demonstrate knowledge with a heavy emphasis on outside plant
design, cable count layout, and capacities. Must have a solid
knowledge of telecommunications outside the plant. Must be able to
participate and lead project teams to achieve team objectives and
goals. Strong interpersonal skills are essential in discussions and
meetings with the engineering team, regional managers, vendors,
local supervisors, and technicians. Associated topics: asic, cable
technician, hardware, network, network engineer, repair, scada,
test, test engineer, wireless
Keywords: Frontier Communication, Pomona , Sr. Network Engineer - Outside Plant, Engineering , Pomona, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!