Mechanical Engineering Manager (Automotive)
Posted on: August 2, 2022
Background in Automotive and experience in leading projects?
Take a closer look!
This Jobot Job is hosted by Jenner Wiggins
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button and
sending us your resume.
Salary $130,000 - $150,000 per year
A Bit About Us
We are an Aftermarket Automotive parts Design and Manufacturing
company. Our systems can dramatically increase the performance of
our customers vehicles with replacing out dated parts with the
latest and greatest in automotive technology! From Electrical to
Mechanical systems we are leading the industry in revolutionizing
Why join us?
- R&D Aftermarket Automotive Environment!
- Growing team with room for advancement as well as technology
- Hands on Engineering Environment!
We are looking for a driven Engineering Manager to lead a team of
passionate of Car, Truck and Motorcycles enthusiasts. We have an
enthusiastic and driven company that is built on passion and we are
looking to continue that passion by building out a world class
Engineering team and are looking for a leader to drive that team.
An ideal candidate will be a gearhead who enjoys the passion of
vehicles/motorcycles on the weekends, and uses that passion help
drive a hands on team to bring new products to market. As a Manager
you will be an essential part of our management team, and help
bring your years of experience and passion to tangible deliverables
that will change the market!
Over All Responsibilities
As our Mechanical Engineering Manager you will be responsible for
all engineering and product development duties. Bringing new
products to market with direct involvement of manufacturing,
purchasing, sales, marketing and tying engineering together.
Developing processes and procedures for updating our current
products as well as for our next generation products.
- Project Management
- Phase Gate Process
- Competencies in DFM (Design for Manufacturing), GD&T, FEA,
- Automotive/Motorcycle Industry Experience
- Compliance CARB/EPA
- Entrepreneurial mindset of being creative and thinking outside
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Provides direct supervision of the mechanical engineering team.
(Will hire and lead a team of 4 engineers)
- Leads the evaluation and approval of standards (GD&T,
Manufacturability, Pricing.) to be utilized in the quoting, design,
development, fabrication and build of mechanical systems.
- Reviews and approves mechanical systems architecture and
- Participates in all internal and external customer project
equipment design reviews.
- Leads RFQs activities and requests support from the mechanical
engineering team members based on their knowledge, experience, and
- Lead and Reviews all designs and aspects of a project to ensure
they meet requirements, are complete and accurate and meet the
business financial objectives within a timely manner
- Assigns projects to the mechanical engineering team members and
tracks job progress to ensure projects remain on schedule.
- Leads the development of the mechanical specifications for
standard assembly and test equipment produced.
- Leads the effort to define and establish standard mechanical
components utilized in the assembly and test equipment.
- Works closely with the Shop/Purchasing Supervisors to plan and
execute resource allocation, materials availability and key
timeline milestones (design complete, material ordered and
available, build complete, validation complete, shipping complete)
for all customer projects.
- Leads departmental budget and resource planning and
- Works in a collaborative team environment to develop standard
methods and designs to deliver world-class solutions that provide
reliable and efficient automation operating systems.
- Provides troubleshooting support utilizing problem solving
techniques during initial start-up, customer acceptance testing and
installation of the systems at the customer location.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- At least 8-10 years of experience in Engineering/Product
- Minimum of 3 years of Management Experience
- Automotive Experience
- Hands on Engineering Experience
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply"
Keywords: Jobot, Pomona , Mechanical Engineering Manager (Automotive), Engineering , Pomona, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!