Sr. Engineer, Standards Engineering [HYBRID]
Company: Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL.
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Playing in picture-in-picture Like Add to Watch Later Share Clip
ID: 583635219 Delivery: application/vnd.vimeo.dash+json Embed Size:
514--289 Separate AV: true Dropped Frames: 0 / 0 - 0 Playhead /
Buffer: 0 / 0 / 0 Bandwidth: 0 (0 Kbps0 Kbps) 00:00 00:32 Quality
Auto Speed Normal This opens in a new window. Sr. Engineer,
Standards Engineering [HYBRID] AddThis Sharing Buttons Share to
Facebook Share to Twitter Share to LinkedIn Share to Email App
- Job ID: 71040993
- Job Family: Asset Strategy & Planning
- Location: Pomona, CA USJob Description
Join the Clean Energy Revolution Become a Sr. Engineer, Standards
Engineering at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better
tomorrow. In this job, you'll play a key role in shaping the
engineering standards for substation from design to construction,
operating and maintaining electric assets at SCE. This includes
managing standards by facilitating guidance from various
organizations, developing solutions, mitigation of
risks/challenges, developing training materials, publishing and
communicating standards. A day in the life - Get ready to think
big, work smart and shine bright! Typical Responsibilities:
- The Standards Engineer is a high-level engineering position to
support Standards on-going growth of standard development,
equipment reviews, internal engineering consultations, and various
engineering related activities.
- Lead benchmarking initiatives with major utilities on design,
construction standards for identifying lessons learned,
best-practices for continuous improvement
- Coordinate with other T&D groups (i.e., Asset Engineering,
Substation Engineering, Protection Engineering, Transmission &
Distribution Engineering, etc.) to develop substation standards,
present proposed changes to standard development team and
ultimately publish standards on a quarterly basis.
- Provide technical leadership in managing expectations and
deliveries from other multi-functional engineering teams
- Coach and develop on technical and soft skills, providing
feedback to other team members to build an impactful organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering and a minimum of seven years
of related work experience in Engineering.
- Seven or more years' experience managing or directing
multi-functional teams to address and solve business and
engineering issues and problems. The preferred
- Interpersonal skills to work with all levels of employees
including Senior Management and Executives within SCE and/or across
- 10 years' experience: Substation, Protection, Control, and
Automation Standards development.
- Experience in developing design & construction standards,
operation and maintenance manuals
- Develop and implement equipment and standards for preventing
and detecting energized downed wire
- Experience in developing and delivering technical presentations
to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Expertise of engineering knowledge, specifically: Grounding,
Power Systems, Circuit Breakers, Controls, Protection, Utility
- Ability to gather, understand, integrate, and synthesize
complex information in order to develop substation and transmission
standards and proposed standard changes, make recommendations, and
propose action plans.
- Consult with key partners and maintain relationships with
clients provide direction and make strategic decisions regarding
changing project/product scope, policy development, implementation,
and quality control.
- Communicate ideas and information effectively through oral
presentations and written communications to diverse audiences.
- Experience developing and delivering technical
- Master's degree in related engineering field.
- California PE License. You should know
- This position's work mode is hybrid. The employee will report
to an SCE facility (Pomona) for a set number of days with the
option to work remotely on the remaining days. Unless otherwise
noted, employees are required to reside in the state of California.
Further details of this work mode will be discussed at the
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work
directly as employees for any employer in the United States without
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information
related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and
hiring process, and more! Testing
- This position requires testing and applicants who are
identified to continue through the selection process will be
invited to test via email. Reference our Information Guides for the
following tests: Edison Individual Contributor Workstyles (Test
#8203). Candidates who have previously passed these assessment(s),
in some cases, may not need to retest again for this position.
About Southern California Edison The people at SCE don't just keep
the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We're fueling the
kind of innovation that's changing an entire industry, and quite
possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner
energy, while providing our customers with the safety and
reliability they demand. At SCE, you'll have a chance to grow
personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern
California and around the world. At SCE, we celebrate our
differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not
discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status or any other protected status. We are
committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are
provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform essential job
functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833)
Keywords: Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL., Pomona , Sr. Engineer, Standards Engineering [HYBRID], Engineering , Pomona, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!