Engineer 3, Test & Technology - Pomona [HYBRID]
Company: Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL.
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Engineer 3, Test & Technology - Pomona [HYBRID] AddThis Sharing
Buttons Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Share to LinkedIn Share
to Email App
- Job ID: 71043663
- Job Family: Transmission / Distribution
- Location: Pomona, CA US
- Salary: 116,000-174,000 Job Description
Join the Clean Energy Revolution Become anEngineer 3, Test &
Technologyat Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better
tomorrow. In this job, you will be part of Test & Technology's
Relay/Automation Operations group within Substation Construction
and Maintenance (SC&M) organization. As anEngineer 3,Test &
Technologyyou will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions,
and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the
challenge to help us build the future? TheEngineer 3,
Test&Technology will play a key role in the execution of
Substation infrastructure replacement and other specialty projects
in Grid Automation, Resiliency and Modernization, that are
essential in enabling SCE's delivery of safe, reliable, and clean
power to our customers. A day in the life - Get ready to think big,
work smart and shine bright!
- Provide day-to-daytechnical consultation/subject matter
expertise and support toTest organization, Test contractors, and
substation training remotely and in the field on issues related to
protective relays, substation automation, and control
- Develop testing and commissioning procedures for new substation
protection and control equipment, requiring collaboration with
equipment and software vendors, various engineering departments,
substation training and field Test Technicians.
- Troubleshoot hardware issues and/or equipment performance
issues related to all protection and control devices connected to
the substation. Assist field Test Technicians with
- Ensure that system protection assets- relays, remedial action
schemes, substation automation assets, human machine interfaces,
programmable logic controllers, alarm annunciators, disturbance
monitoring, recording equipment, distribution automation equipment,
and all other substation equipment are installed, tested, and
maintained consistently and accurately.
- Support SC&M Regulatory Compliance Group's Protection
System Maintenance Program (PSMP) to meet NERC compliance
- Work in cross-functional teams with various engineering groups,
Cybersecurity, IT, and external vendors to develop solutions to
emergent challenges and support long-term strategies.
- Develop and mentor junior staff members in the Relay/Automation
- Perform other responsibilities as needed. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or higher in electrical engineering or a
related technical discipline.
- Five or more years of engineering experience within
transmission & distribution, protection and control equipment, or
substation automation experience. The preferred
- Three or more years of hands-on experience design and/or
testing of substation electrical equipment
- Experience related to the testing, commissioning,
troubleshooting, and or engineering of system protection,
automation, and control equipment.
- Familiarity with substation automation and communication
protocols (including TCP/IP, UDP, DNP3, and IEC 61850)
- Hands-on experience with testing equipment using Doble,
OMICRON, RTDS, and similar software.
- Experience with protective relaying tools such as SEL's
AcSELerator Quickset and synchroWAVeEvent Software, and GE's
- Demonstrated basic knowledge of Computer Programming
- Strong technical, problem solving and decision-making
- Effective interpersonal skills, as well as good oral and
written communication/presentation skills.
- Experience developing technical documentation. You should know
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information
related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and
hiring process, and more!
- This position has been identified as a NERC/CIP impacted
position - Prior to being hired, the successful candidate must pass
a Personnel Risk Assessment (PRA) or Background Investigation. Once
hired, the candidate must complete specified training prior to
gaining un-escorted access to assigned work location and performing
necessary job duties.
- Traveling within the SCE territory will be required and may
include overnight stays.
- There may be up to two positions available. At SCE, we
celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity
Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are
provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform essential job
functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833)
Keywords: Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL., Pomona , Engineer 3, Test & Technology - Pomona [HYBRID], Engineering , Pomona, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...