Special Studies Engineer 3 [HYBRID]
Company: Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL.
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Special Studies Engineer 3 [HYBRID] AddThis Sharing Buttons
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Share to LinkedIn Share to Email
- Job ID: 71043972
- Job Family: Engineering
- Location: Pomona, CA US
- Salary: 116,000-174,000 Job Description
Join the Clean Energy Revolution Become aSpecial Studies Engineer
3at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow.
In this job, you'll shape the future of distribution system
planning by working on new distribution studies and analysis that
are outside the core annual planning cycle. TheSpecial Studies
Engineer 3will work with various internal groups to develop new
methodologies, criteria, and guidelines for those studies which are
necessary to inform SCE's strategy, business, and regulatory
direction. As aSpecial Studies Engineer3, your work will help power
our planet, reduce carbon emissions and build cleaner air for
everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build
the future? A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart
and shine bright!
- Lead/support in the development and execution of distribution
technical Special Studies which include but are not limited to the
Long Beach Network, Distribution Automation studies (in
coordination with the Grid Modernization team), short circuit duty
to evaluate circuit breaker replacement needs and other special
("one off" or unique) studies that inform Grid policies and
- Lead/support the technical system analysis and identify
investments needed to mitigate DER driven needs that have
accumulated as natural adoption continues
- Support grid assessments supporting regulatory proceedings
(e.g., Microgrid OIR, CAVA)
- Apply or develop new methodologies, criteria, and guidelines
for Special Studies
- Collaborate with the Subtransmission and Transmission technical
- Collaborate with Strategy, Forecasting, Distribution System
Planning, and other stakeholders within the company to achieve
common goals and objectives
- Lead by example, maintain a safety conscious work environment
by following Edison's safety protocols and safe work practices in
addition to providing support with all other duties assigned
- Promote and support a culture of diversity & inclusion,
personal development and continuous improvement and champion SCE's
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering
- Five (5) ore more years of Engineering experience The preferred
- Five (5) or more years of technical experience in distribution,
substation, and/or transmission engineering related to system
planning, field engineering, and/or grid operations
- Experience with power system transmission or distribution
analysis tools, such as CYME, CAPE, PowerWorld, PSLF, EMS, ReGrid,
and MDI or other similar software
- Understanding of the technical aspects of DER interconnection
or experience in interconnection analysis
- Experience with coding/scripting to automate engineering
processes and data collection (i.e., SQL, Python, VBA)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the
ability to explain sophisticated technical concepts and deliver
technical presentations to both a technical and non-technical
audience, including external settings
- Work optimally in areas where processes are not clearly
- Influence others and maintain positive working
- Stay current with relevant technology and innovation
- CA Professional Engineering License in Electrical Engineering
You should know...
- This position's work mode ishybrid. The employee will report to
an SCE facility for a set number of days with the option to work
remotely on the remaining days. Unless otherwise noted, employees
are required to reside in the state of California. Further details
of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
- Visit ourCandidate Resource page to get meaningful information
related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and
hiring process, and more!
- This position has been identified as a NERC/CIP impacted
position - Prior to being hired, the successful candidate must pass
a Personnel Risk Assessment (PRA) or Background Investigation. Once
hired, the candidate must complete specified training prior to
gaining un-escorted access to assigned work location and performing
necessary job duties.
- This position requires testing and applicants who are
identified to continue through the selection process will be
invited to test via email. Reference ourInformation Guides for the
following tests: Edison Individual Contributor Workstyles (Test
#8203). Candidates who have previously passed these assessment(s),
in some cases, may not need to retest again for this position.
- There are 3 vacancies for this position. About Southern
California Edison The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on.
Our mission is so much bigger. We're fueling the kind of innovation
that's changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet.
Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing
our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE,
you'll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making
a real impact in Southern California and around the world. At SCE,
we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity
Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are
provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform essential job
functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833)
Keywords: Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL., Pomona , Special Studies Engineer 3 [HYBRID], Engineering , Pomona, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...