Protection Automation Engineer 2 [HYBRID]
Company: Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL.
Posted on: September 14, 2023
Protection Automation Engineer 2 [HYBRID] AddThis Sharing
Buttons Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Share to LinkedIn Share
to Email App
- Job ID: 71041967
- Job Family: Transmission / Distribution
- Location: Pomona, CA US
- Salary: 91,500-137,300 Job Description
Join the Clean Energy Revolution Become aProtectionEngineer 2at
Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. As an
Engineer 2 your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon
emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to
take on the challenge to help us build a clean energy future? The
Protection Automation Engineer 2 will collaborate with the Senior
Protection Automation Engineer in the Protection Engineering
department of Southern California Edison's (SCE) Transmission &
Distribution (T&D) Organizational Unit. Through innovation they
will provide automation engineering expertise to support key SCE
stakeholders on capital projects and advance automation solutions
in the daily operations/maintenance of the grid. A day in the life
- Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- ePAC/PLC, Momentum PLC, Optimum panel, and Bridge
configuration, Automation Drawings QA review
- Issuing RTU/PLC point-list, ePAC, Optimum panel and battery
- SEMT/HMI point list for SA-3, SA-2, SAS, RTU/ePAC
- Print review for automation equipment, configuration, and QA of
- Providing support to Substation Construction & Maintenance
(SC&M) to facilitate problem resolutions .
- Supporting capital program type projects (DSP, TSP, SUB IR,
DSERP, etc.) and major capital projects that involve Substation
Engineering Modelling Tool (SEMT) interface with substation Human
Machine Interface (HMI)
- Interacting with the Transmission & Distribution (T&D)
Innovation group on advanced Automation efforts.
- Collaborating closely with the Control and Meter Asset
Engineering Strategy organization for Automation Strategy,
Substation Projects and SC&M Test & Technology organizations in
the execution of Automation projects.
- Providing technical support to SC&M and any other
organizations associated with Automation Engineering execution
- Represent team and participate in the Quarterly Automation
Strategy Forum Discussions.
- Understudy and support Senior Automation Engineer with IEC
61850 HMI, and fully Digital substation. Qualifications
- 2 or more years of engineering experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering The preferred
- Two (2) to Three (3) years of engineering experience related to
Transmission & Distribution.
- Working knowledge of transmission system operation
(line-and-bus arrangements, reclosing practices, etc.)
- Working knowledge of system One-Line Diagram, Pointlists as
well as AC and DC Schematics.
- Knowledge of digital logic design principles (logic gates,
- More than two (2) years of experience related to Substation
Automation design and Human Machine Interface (HMI).
- Knowledge of Telecommunications (system redundancy, fiber,
microwave, Ethernet, TDM, MPLS etc.)
- Experience in automation related test procedures
- Familiarity with use of IEC 61850/GOOSE communications You
should know ---
- Visit ourCandidate Resource page to get meaningful information
related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and
hiring process, and more!
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work
directly as employees for any employer in the United States without
- Position may require local visits between SCE facilities &
- Relocation does not apply to this position
- This position requires testing and applicants who are
identified to continue through the selection process will be
invited to test via email. We invite you to visit our Candidate
Resource page for further information and to access information
guides. For information guides, please reference test(s) (Test
#8203). Candidates who have previously passed these assessment(s),
in some cases, may not need to retest again for this position.
About SCE The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our
mission is so much bigger. We're fueling the kind of innovation
that's changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet.
Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing
our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE,
you'll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making
a real impact in Southern California and around the world. At SCE,
we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity
Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are
provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform essential job
functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833)
Keywords: Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL., Pomona , Protection Automation Engineer 2 [HYBRID], Engineering , Pomona, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!