Manager, Transportation Services
Company: Southern California Edison
Posted on: October 17, 2020
Join the Clean Energy Revolution
Become a Manager of Transportation Services at Southern California
Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job, youll serve
as a Regional Manager within Fleet Operations and Maintenance (FOM)
of Transportation Services (TSD). Youll supervise and manage
represented and non-represented vehicle maintenance employees. The
workgroup is comprised of a garage workforce ranging from
Technicians up to Foremen, who are engaged in the daily activities
of fleet operations and maintenance. This position will report
directly to the Principal Manager. As a Manager of Transportation
Services, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon
emissions, and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to
take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine
- Provide leadership to staff including hiring, training, and
development, coaching and mentoring, compensation, and performance
- Operate in an office and field environment with a union and
- Drive cost efficiency through management of garage workload and
overtime. Assist garages with their workload to maximize efficiency
- Create and maintain a safety conscious work environment by
leading and influencing others to follow Edison safety protocols
and safe work practices.
- Represent the Company to outside agencies, suppliers, and
regulators, and serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and
consultant to management and various Organizational Units
- Represent the Company in labor disputes and interprets the
union contract in a fair and consistent manner, including the
handling of all labor relations and grievances.
- Participate with other managers and executives to develop
strategic plans and objectives.
- Partner with internal SCE clients to understand their business
objectives and expectations.
- Manage diverse and specialized disciplines that have
operational and financial impact on the Company.
- Set broad policies and strategies with staff performing varied
- Develop long-term business plans, objectives, and initiatives
for the organization.
- Recommend and/or approve departmental policies and procedures
and assists in the development of corporate policies and
- Responsible for planning, budgeting, work methods, and project
- Make final decisions on functional matters and ensures
effective achievement of objectives.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Five (5) years of experience managing, supervising, or leading
an organization, unit, or team(s) within an operations
- Five (5) years of work experience in Fleet Vehicle Maintenance
- Five (5) years of experience leading and/or managing a diverse
team including exempt, non-exempt, union, and non-union staff
- Knowledge of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards and
Department of Transportation (DOT)
- Valid U.S. drivers license
- Bachelors Degree in an applicable profession, business, or
- One (1) year of experience working with fleet maintenance
systems, such as SAP Asset Management or Asset Works
- Experience with fleet maintenance practices and procedures
- Recognized industry certification such as Automotive Service
- Knowledge of California Occupational Safety and Health
Administration (OSHA) regulations
- Knowledge of applicable State and Federal environmental and
hazardous waste regulations
- Ability to follow Edison safety protocols and safe work
- Knowledge of the IBEW collective bargaining agreement and its
application in handling labor relations issues
You should know
- Visit our Candidate Resources page to get meaningful
information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing
information, and hiring process, and more!
- Position will require up to 60% traveling and being out in the
field throughout the SCE service territory.
- Relocation does not apply to this position.
About Southern California Edison
The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so
much bigger. Were fueling the kind of innovation thats changing an
entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create
a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with
the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, youll have a chance
to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in
Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal
Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are
provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform essential job
functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833)
Keywords: Southern California Edison, Pomona , Manager, Transportation Services, Executive , Pomona, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!