Company: Henkels & McCoy, Inc.
Posted on: November 14, 2022
Henkels & McCoy, Inc., a MasTec, is a full-service engineering
and construction company providing utility infrastructure solutions
to its government and commercial customers. Henkels & McCoy, Inc.
(H&M) service offerings include Consulting & Planning,
Engineering & Design, Construction Management, EPC/Design Build,
Program Management, and extensive Field Construction Services.
H&M is a utility construction firm providing critical
infrastructure for the Power, Oil & Gas Pipeline, Gas Distribution,
and Communications markets throughout North America. H&M is
also a founding member of the ET&D Partnership, a collaborative
industry partnership working to reduce fatalities, injuries, and
illnesses in the construction industry is currently recruiting for
a Director of Finance, at its West Region Headquarters office in
Pomona, CA, reporting to the Regional Vice President. Management
Responsibilities Direct reports may include the Account
Receivables, Procurement Manager, and -Accounts Payables. Position
Summary This is a management position for Henkels & McCoy and is
responsible for financial oversight for an assigned Region as well
as a Line of Business. This oversight includes, but is not limited
to financial reporting, management of financial administrative
support, fiscal forecasting, financial analysis, regional audit
activities, and various compliance activities. This position also
has a responsibility as a liaison between the assigned region and
various corporate functions as required. With respect to the
governance responsibilities described below, this position has a
matrixed reporting relationship to the Director of Finance. This
position requires strong financial and administrative management
skills and the ability to effectively communicate to all levels of
the organization and to external stakeholders and customers.
Responsibilities: Provides a strong internal financial management
environment. In the West Region, the Risk Manager ensures that risk
mitigation and management controls are developed and followed.
- Provides financial analyses at a regional level. Ensure that
the project budget adjustments, including "write-ups and
write-downs" follow sound financial principles.
- Directly works with and assists the Line of Business leadership
and the proposal managers to ensure that all projects over $10M in
value develop and execute administration plans through a
contingency mitigation framework. These plans will be prepared no
later than 30 days after the project kick-off meetings and reviewed
and updated monthly.
- In conjunction with the Regional PMO, reviews the project
financials, performs an independent financial analysis of earned
values, and identifies potential risks. Once these risk items are
identified, ensure that administration and project recovery plans
are developed and followed.
- Support corporate audit function to ensure the adequacy of
internal controls for financial transactions.
- Assure effective implementation of the H&M JDE for all
customer contracts, and provide training and oversight as
- Review project setup and cost tracking with operations groups
at the project level.
- Coordinate with project teams on the negotiating and approving
of change orders and assist with billing/collection issues.
- Regularly communicate the status of regional financial
performance to management and vested stakeholders.
- Coordinate with other Company financial personnel to ensure
consistency in financial reporting across - lines of business and
- Actively participate in all monthly Project Status Review
- Develop, implement, and maintain all required weekly, monthly,
quarterly, and yearly reporting.
- Ensure project cost and revenue budgets are accurate for use in
calculating backlog and revenue recognition
- Manage customer and regulatory requests for audits in
conjunction with corporate management. In conjunction with the
regional Continuous Improvement (CI) platform, develop and
implement process improvements and best practices across all lines
of business and regional offices to improve operational
- Measure, monitor and direct the progress of work relative to
identified goals for the timeliness, efficiency, and customer
- Coordinate the review of Contracts, Subcontracts, Insurance
certificate requests, and POs for compliance with company
- Create and implement strategies to reduce costs through the
efficient use of shared services. Establish and maintain an
effective administrative capability in support of regional
performance, efficiency, and profitability goals.
- Support H&M Project Management Methodology by providing
strong project-level controls and providing the appropriate
project-level financial and administrative staffing and
- Develop, implement, and manage regional administrative policies
and procedures and ensure consistency across all lines of business
and all regional offices. Actively participate in the development
of staff, taking a significant role in charting the career
advancement of subordinates to ensure they reach their full
- Support a culture where H&M core values are the foundation
of how clients, employees, vendors, and subcontractors all work
together in the attainment of regional business goals
- Ensure all direct reports are engaged in and embrace H&M's
- Monitor department productivity against the current project and
business needs and forecast staffing need to ensure the
optimization of resources. Establish and monitor training and
mentoring programs for financial and support staff. Manages
budgeting and forecasting processes to ensure adequate financial,
assets, and people resources are in place to meet performance and
- Manage budgeting and forecasting process.
- Ensure visibility of backlog of work-in-progress and of
upcoming opportunities, to facilitate resource planning.
- Support annual capital expenditures budget and the disposition
- Financial ownership of annual equipment replacement and
- Participates in the review of proposals and estimates to ensure
reasonable Overhead cost assumptions are utilized. Delivers timely
and accurate financial analysis to enhance and support effective
and profitable business outcomes.
- Provide status of regional financial condition by collecting,
interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Provide recommendations and advice to the region's senior
management regarding improvements to financial performance.
- Develop large project Financial Profiles with actual versus
budget on cost components.
- Monitor weekly job cost reports and provide variance reports
- Develop Pro-forma overhead calculations in support of large
- Develop detailed strategic plans of various initiatives as
directed by regional or corporate management.
- Coordinate real estate issues for the region in conjunction
with the Corporate Facilities Director.
- BS in accounting, finance or related business, engineering, or
- CPA strongly preferred Henkels & McCoy, Inc. is an Equal
Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans,
and Individuals with Disabilities. My ProfileCreate and manage
profiles for future opportunities.
Keywords: Henkels & McCoy, Inc., Pomona , Director, Finance, Executive , Pomona, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!