Registered Nurse Consultant
Company: Vocational Innovations
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Job DescriptionAbout Us: We are an Adult Day Program that takes
great pride in providing life-enhancing services to individuals
with developmental disabilities. We're also invested in our
employees who make all the great work we do possible. We know that
our overall success is a combined effort, and we therefore strive
to provide opportunities for our employees to learn, grow and
thrive.Who You Are: A Registered Nurse Consultant who can provide
consulting for an adult day program that serves individuals with
developmental disabilities. Duties will revolve around training
staff on how to deal with client health concerns such as seizures,
disabilities, special diets, and other health conditions. See
details below. Ideal candidate is someone who has worked with
individuals with developmental disabilities in a day program
setting, ICF, or group home.Compensation: $60.00 per hour Schedule:
8 hours per week, split between our Monrovia and Pomona sites.
Hours may increase as census increasesVI Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday, 8 am to 2 pmMorning Shift: End your day at 2:30-3:00
pmWhat We Are Looking For:
- An individual who has a valid license as a registered nurse
(RN) by the California State Board of Registered Nurses.
- Five years of experience in addressing medical conditions for
adults with developmental disabilities. Knowledge of the physical,
mental and social needs of developmentally disabled adults.
- Met, or be able to have, a DOJ fingerprint clearance.
- Must have TB clearance, health screening.
- Available to consult on a flexible schedule.What You Will
- Assist and supervise medical assessments and proper medical
support plans if needed.
- Provide on-going training to staff on medical issues and
restricted health conditions.
- Monitor staff member interventions and consumer health.
- Attend annual reviews or other consumer meetings when
- Train staff on administration of medication, documentation, and
- The Nurse Consultant shall be available to assess participant
to determine their needs for personal care and assistance in
activities of daily living and train staff.
- The Nurse Consultant will also help the Program Director,
Administrator and other management staff members enhance policies
and procedures to reduce health risks.
- The nurse consultant shall be the liaison between Vocational
Innovations and the consumers' primary care physicians, regional
center nurses, and homes when addressing health concerns of
clients. For more information on who we are, please visit us online
@ www.vocinnovations.com or on
https://www.instagram.com/vocinnovations/ Powered by
Keywords: Vocational Innovations, Pomona , Registered Nurse Consultant, Healthcare , Pomona, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!