Home Health RN II - *$10,000.00 Hiring Bonus*
Company: Providence Health & Services
Posted on: August 5, 2022
We are looking for a Home Health Registered Nurse II for North
Star Home Health Direct at Home Health Network. Apply Today!
Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some
additional questions from our Modern Hire system. Location: Pomona,
CA Work Schedule: Full time - 80 Biweekly hours Shift: Pay Per
Visit Employee $10,000 Hiring Bonus for eligible external
candidates who meet all conditions for payment - this is in
addition to the fantastic benefits and compensation package offered
by Providence that begin on your first day of employment. Job
Summary The Registered Nurse assesses patients for skilled home
health needs, develops and initiates a plan of care with the
physician approval and provides nursing care, ordered by the
physician to patients in their place of residence. The Registered
Nurse continually re-evaluates the patients nursing needs. The
Senior Registered Nurse assists in the delivery of clinical
orientation, validation of clinical competency for new and current
caregivers, and provides new caregiver observation of clinical
experiences. The Senior Registered Nurse is able to apply best
practices, adult learning principles, coaching and mentoring skills
in order to foster the growth and learning of caregivers. Senior
Registered Nurses also provide direct patient care for a diverse
community, as scheduling permits. Essential Functions:
- Demonstrates knowledge and competency in performing
baseline-nursing skills, including assessment, wound care, catheter
care and infusion. Maintains clinical competencies according to
- Completes comprehensive assessments, including OASIS items,
accurately and timely at specific time-points as defined by
regulation and agency policy.
- Develops a plan of care, in collaboration with the patient,
family/caregiver and physician orders including frequency and
duration of nursing visits, specific care or treatments to be
provided, appropriate goals, medications, other disciplines needed
and discharge plan.
- Documents the comprehensive assessment and plan of care in the
EHR and synchronizes by 10:00AM the following day.
- Implements and provides nursing care, treatment and services
according to the plan of care and accepted standards of care,
including patient educations and any IV or other medications
required to be administered by the nurse.
- Communicates changes in patient status, patient issues and
concerns and changes in orders to the Physician, Clinical Manager
and Clinical Supervisor according to agency guidelines.
- Practices infection control and universal precautions for self
and others in patient care activities.
- Advocate for quality patient outcomes communicating with
authorization nurses and community vendors timely.
- Maintains patient rights and dignity. Assures the care of the
dying patient, optimizing his/her comfort and dignity.
- Effectively establishes priorities and delegates
responsibilities appropriately when supervising the LVN and the
- Meets the productivity standards of the organization.
- Senior Registered Nurse:
- Facilitates coordinated transitions from orientation program to
independence within targeted goals.
- Tracks required orientation progress and provides progress to
Clinical Educator and Clinical Leaders.
- Conducts new caregivers' competency assessment and validates
competencies throughout the orientation period.
- Validates the ongoing competencies of current clinical
caregivers as directed by the Clinical Educator.
- Reviews Orientation Module content and skills with new
caregivers to determine level of understanding and re-educates as
- Provides patient centered care and coordination of care for a
patient population with diverse community-based healthcare needs to
- Develops comprehensive and patient-centered plan of care.
- Uses clinical evidence-based protocols and technology as
identified by standard scope of practice and disease
- Provides disease specific education and self-management
strategies for patients to achieve an optimal patient
- Follows physician ordered plan of care and facilitates changes
to the plan of care as needed to achieve desired patient
- Identifies risk for acute hospitalization and proactively
prevents adverse events.
- Coordinates care across the continuum as a patient
- Provides supervision and care plan development for service line
- Participates in interdisciplinary team meetings and case
conferencing to ensure patient quality care, patient advocacy,
utilization and outcomes.
- Makes recommendations related to training and skill development
to clinical education team.
- Provides comprehensive and constructive feedback for
- Responsible for OASIS and/or review and accuracy.
- Serves in the capacity of Start of Care and or home visits when
schedule allows. As such, admits patients to service, completing
appropriate clinical documentation under the Clinical Manager's
direction. Assesses individual status and care/instruction needed
by the patient.
- Conducts supervisory visits as needed.
- Maintains/enhances clinical practice skills by attending,
participating in/conducting caregiver development/continuing
- Instructs and monitors the work of orientees in the aspects of
clinical nursing relative to assigned area; educates nursing
orientees concerning nursing policies and procedures.
- Collaborates with Educator in planning and structuring
orientation program to meet the individual orientees needs; plans
daily assignments for orientees.
- Assists Educator in planning, presenting, evaluating and
revising the caregiver development activities and nursing policies
and procedures. Skills :
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints,
regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Flexibility to adapt to new and changing situations;
participates as a team-player to support your team and Agency
- Demonstrates customer service skills.
- Participate in weekend, on-call and holiday rotation.
- Senior Registered Nurse: Annual Senior Level competencies.
Minimum Position Qualifications: Education:
- Education to meet certification, license or registration
- Senior Registered Nurse: Completes Senior Level program within
6 months of employment Experience :1 year Professional nursing
experience. Licenses and Certifications:
- Current California RN license.
- CA Driver's License.
- Current automobile liability insurance.
- Current Basic Life Support. Preferred Position Qualifications:
- IV and Central lines experience.
- Experience with wound care including use of negative pressure
- Experience with EHR
- Home health field experience. Providence Home Care is a trusted
leader in home health, hospice and infusion pharmacy, helping
clients throughout Orange County, Los Angeles County and the Inland
Empire receive the quality care they need in the comfort of their
home. We are guided by our core values of compassion, dignity,
justice, excellence and integrity in everything we do, and
dedicated to restoring the health and well-being of clients and
families at all stages of life's journey. Providence Home Care
provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to
federal law requirements, Providence Home Care complies with
applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
training. Company: SJH Home Health Network Category: Home Health
Nursing Req ID: R356494
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Pomona , Home Health RN II - *$10,000.00 Hiring Bonus*, Healthcare , Pomona, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!