Nursing Shift Supervisor, RN PD Variable Shift
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Acts at the on-site per diem administrative designee for an
entire facility for off-shifts and weekends. Manages all the
patient care departments, ensuring appropriate quality of care and
compliance with regulations.
- For an entire facility, as a per diem Supervisor, manages the
off-hours and weekend patient care and nursing services
- Ensures staff provides the highest quality of care and are in
compliance with the Nurse Practice Act, TJC, federal, state, and
- Coordinates and monitors staffing for all shifts and maintains
appropriate staffing levels and skill mix.
- Participates in developing, reviewing, and updating
departmental policies and procedures.
- Identifies and implements best practices to provide improved
quality care and services.
- Assess and monitors clinical nursing practice for optimal
- Designs and evaluates processes to improve systems and patient
care results across the continuum.
- Follows-up on all clinical issues.
- Monitors quality of care delivered, ensuring it meets
age-related and developmental needs of patients.
- Maintains and monitors established policies, procedures,
standards and practices for nursing services and patient care.
- Supervises staff, assesses their needs and identifies
- Collaborates with all departments throughout the medical
- Acts as patient advocate.
- Assists in developing, monitoring and maintaining the
- Identifies and recommends opportunities to reduce costs.
- Manages and resolves human resource, employee and department
safety, and risk management issues.
- Minimum one (1) year of supervisory experience required.
- Minimum four (4) years of acute care hospital experience
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
License, Certification, Registration
- Current California RN license required.
- BLS certification required.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, written and oral communication
skills; knowledge of Nurse Practice Act, TJC, and other local,
state, and federal regulations.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
Job Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners, RN
Keywords: Kaiser, Pomona , Nursing Shift Supervisor, RN PD Variable Shift, Healthcare , Pomona, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...