LVN - Outpatient - Licensed Vocational Nurse - Outpatient - Float Department (On-Call)
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Provides nursing care to patients under the direction of a
Registered Nurse, utilizes observational skills to assess nursing
intervention and assists medical staff to insure optimal patient
care within established policies, procedures and standards.
- Upholds Kaiser Permanentes Policies and Procedures, Principles
of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local
- Exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors,
physicians, and co-workers; shows courtesy, compassion, and
respect; conforms to the critical service standards established for
the department and the medical group.
- Provides therapeutic patient care in accordance with the
patients established by the physician and a registered nurse within
scope of practice.
- Transcribes physicians orders as directed by policy.
- Communicates directly with registered nurse to institute
changes in plan of care; assists with and contributes to
development of nursing care.
- Give specified medication orally, hypodermically,
intramuscularly and topically.
- Executes treatments such as urinary catheterizations, bladder
irrigations and installations, suctioning procedures, throat
irrigations and enemas and utilizing equipment as required.
- Performs related patient care functions such as taking
temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure readings;
applying and removing dressings; may instruct patient in various
self-administered treatments or procedures; obtains specimens;
assures correct culture collection.
- Assists physician or other medical staff personnel with
examinations and treatments by selecting and passing instruments,
providing support and restraint to patient, draping and other
assistance as directed or required.
- Within scope, evaluates patients condition by observing signs,
symptoms, and reactions to therapy, to identify unexpected and/or
significant findings, initiates appropriate emergency procedures as
necessary and reports unusual conditions to the registered nurse as
established by policy and procedure in a timely manner; maintains
intravenous flow rate, performs venipuncture and finger sticks to
obtain blood samples, notifies R.N. of any problems and
discontinues needles, except intra-cath and CVP lines.
- Identifies learning barriers.
- Documents patient signs, symptoms, observations and therapeutic
treatments to patients medical record.
- Ensures cleanliness of nursing module, patient room, and
environment and proper functioning of patient care equipment by
visual inspection, routine testing, and other related methods.
- Provides a safe and therapeutic environment for patients and
- Utilizes effective verbal and non-verbal forms of
- Performs in other areas or units to which assigned as required
by nursing administration to provide and maintain the established
standards of care and safety.
- Participates in staff meetings and inservice programs.
- Assists in ordering and distribution of module supplies and
- Accepts verbal and telephone orders from physician.
- Administers pulse oximetry, humidification therapy, spirometer,
oxygen therapy via mask or nasal cannula, oral, nasal and trach
suctioning and sputum induction.
- Promotes, ensures, and improves customer service to
internal/external customers by demonstrating skills which are
consistent with the organizations philosophy of providing
extraordinary customer relations and quality service.
- Performs other related duties as required including checking in
- Age Related Competencies: Skills assessments and validations
are utilized to ensure that employees providing patient care to
specific age groups (i.e. infants, adolescents, elderly, etc.) are
proficient in identifying the special needs and behaviors
associated with a particular patient population.
- Assume other activities and responsibilities from time to time
as directed. Basic Qualifications:
- Six (6) months recent medical office or acute care LVN
License, Certification, Registration
- Vocational Nurse License (California)
- Basic Life Support
- Then if unable to fill: Current LVN license, BCLS Certification
and successful completion of internal Kaiser New Graduate LVN
- Extraordinary customer relations and quality service are
critical to our success.
- We seek candidates who can demonstrate these skills and are
dedicated to providing the highest quality of service to our health
- Schedule to include all shifts, rotating weekends, holidays and
floating within the established seniority sections.
- Will cover all Riverside Service Area MOBs.
Job Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Keywords: Kaiser, Pomona , LVN - Outpatient - Licensed Vocational Nurse - Outpatient - Float Department (On-Call), Healthcare , Pomona, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...