Delivery Driver - CDL A - $25 per hour plus a $2000 Sign-on bonus
Company: Scholastic Book Fairs
Posted on: July 30, 2022
- Work with supervisor to deliver and pick-up fairs in an
efficient, cost effective manner.
- Inspect and prepare fifth wheel before coupling.
- Utilize Semi Tractor with either single or tandem axle, manual
or automatic transmission, combined with a 48' or 53' trailer to
line haul fairs from branch facility to hub location.
- Deliver fairs using a Semi Tractor with either single or tandem
axle, manual or automatic transmission, combined with a pup
- Couple and uncouple trailers safely and in a timely manner.
Connect/disconnect air and brake lines, and properly operate
- Work closely with supervisor to ensure customer service
standards are maintained.
- Load and unload trucks with or without assistance of mechanical
- Effectively communicate routing problems to supervisor so
changes can be communicated to the routing team (road construction,
address changes, steps, etc).
- Deliver and pick-up product from schools, as scheduled,, in a
courteous and professional manner.
- Secure and transport products in order to enable customer to
receive a "Damage Free" fair.
- Perform a daily pre-trip and post-trip inspection of motor
vehicle to which assigned. Notify supervisor of any defects or
- Complete and maintain accurate and legible records in a timely
manner to include, but not limited to, DOT Logs, trip sheets, fuel
tickets, road expenses, and other paperwork, as required.
- Adhere to all Company, local, state, and federal
rules/regulations inclusive of, but not limited to, DOT, OSHA,
- Call Regional/Branch office immediately upon the occurrence of
any of the following: a) Accident or damage to person(s) or
property. b) Problem with a school delivery or pick-up. c)
Mechanical failure of equipment.
- Assist in completing warehouse tasks as required by the
- Overnight routes as necessary. Drivers will be provided hotel
accommodations and food allowance when assigned to overnight
- Must maintain professional appearance including well-groomed
hair, clean uniform, and hygienic habits.
- Attend monthly driver meetings - completing all continuous
training materials as required.
- Complete annual Certificate of Violation Process timely,
accurately and honestly.
- Utilize proper techniques for lifting, packing, and handling
heavy objects, climbing ladders and pushing/pulling display
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work environment.
- Maintain truck per company standards.
- Regular attendance in accordance with schedule.
- Drug and alcohol free policy compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate preferred.
- Verifiable commercial driving experience of at least one (1)
- Minimum of twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Possess valid CDL A license with air brake endorsement.
- CDL A must be validated through recertification with an
approved Driving School
- Must pass a drug screen/alcohol screen, Motor Vehicle Record
review, criminal background review, and a DOT physical examination
indicating physical essential functions of job can be performed as
- Must be able to drive vehicle weighing in excess of 26,001 GVW
and trailers in excess of 10,000 lbs. with a total combined GVW up
to 80,000 lbs.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 70 lbs. and push, pull, lift and
handle metal/plastic cases weighing more than 350lbs on a regular
and repetitive basis. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Customer service orientated.
- Must be able to read road maps and follow directions.
- Ability to work over time and weekends as needed.
- Strong team player and the ability to get along with
- Good verbal/written communication skills, basic math skills,
and ability to read.
Job Family Group:
Distrib & Matls Mgmt
Scholastic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our policy is clear:
there shall be no discrimination on the basis of race, religion,
color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, age, non-disqualifying
physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran or
Vietnam veteran. Those factors shall not influence the
determination of qualifications for a job or other opportunity
within the company. Further, all personnel actions (such as
compensation, tuition aid, benefits, transfers, promotions, and
dismissals, company-sponsored training, social and recreational
programs) shall be administered without discrimination.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO Scholastic Policy Statement
Pay Transparency Provision
*Important* Please fill out the below information to be re-directed
to the full application
Keywords: Scholastic Book Fairs, Pomona , Delivery Driver - CDL A - $25 per hour plus a $2000 Sign-on bonus, Hospitality & Tourism , Pomona, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!