Technical Design Planning Specialist
Company: Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL.
Posted on: February 22, 2021
We recognize this is a difficult time for many. At Edison, we
are doing our part to provide support in these challenging times to
safeguard our employees, communities, customers and candidates. Due
to evolving changes related to the COVID-19 situation, we're
exploring alternative ways to safely continue the recruitment and
hiring process. As a result, you may be asked to leverage digital
tools such as video interviewing and/or other formats. Should you
advance through the recruitment and hiring process, instructions
will be provided by our Human Resources team. We appreciate your
patience and continued interest in careers with Edison.
- Job ID: 71031274
- Job Family: Transmission / Distribution
- Location: Pomona, CA USJob Description
Join the Clean Energy Revolution Become a Planner Specialist at
Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In
this job, you'll be thoroughly trained to develop estimates,
prepare work orders, drawings or construction plans, and bills of
materials used at the planning stage of new engineering and
construction projects. As a Planner Specialist , your work will
help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner
air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us
build the future? A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work
smart and shine bright!
- Review contract designed deteriorated poles and work related
- Communicate with internal clients including, Distribution
Engineering Project Management Organization, Distribution Project
Management Organization and Distribution Operations Centers to
determine technical requirements regarding the design of new
- Define the scope and operational requirements for preparation
of preliminary electrical and civil designs.
- Create designs for basic infrastructure replacement programs,
including deteriorated poles and OH conductor replacements.
- Create designs for minor under-grounding projects; coordinating
projects with Distribution Engineering, Civil Construction, PMO,
DPMO, Drafting, Scheduling, Construction, Environmental, and other
internal organizations to create electrical designs.
- Prepare work order documents and drawings, and secure final
approval of work order packages.
- Order materials and identify expected construction labor and
- Complete all necessary contracts, invoices, easement requests,
apply for necessary permits, FAA approval and submitting
environmental reviews to prepare project for eventual
- Forward completed work order packages to sponsor organization
and updating all internal systems as required.
- Assist Designers and other team members with technical
- Act as a team facilitator in coordinating efforts of contract
planners, engineers, customers, and all other internal sources for
the purpose of creating a high quality electrical design in a
- Maintaining a safety conscious work environment by following
Edison safety protocols and safe work practices.
- Performing other responsibilities and duties as assigned
- Must be a successful graduate from Service Planner Development
Program (SPDP) OR possesses one or more years of experience in
Electrical Utility Distribution Design, Transmission Design,
Distribution Line construction, or Electrical Engineering
- Must possess a valid U.S. driver's license. The preferred
- Experience with designing overhead electrical systems.
- Knowledge of pole loading requirements.
- Experience working with customers, identifying needs and
resolving customer issues.--
- Demonstrated experience, training or education in a technical
or mechanical field, including learning or applying technical
information related to engineering, drafting, architecture,
construction, mapping, design, mechanics, mathematics, science or
- Experience managing several projects concurrently, adjusting to
shifting priorities, and meeting deadlines.--
- Experience in SCE systems such as DM, SAP, AUD, CSS,--Spida,
SpidaMin and knowledge of resource books such as DDS, UGS, ESR,
Overhead and--Underground Construction Manuals.--
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills to
interact effectively with clients/ customers.--
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Successful completion of Electrical Utility Planner
Certification Program (from California State Polytechnic
University, Pomona ), AutoCAD, or similar programs. You should know
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information
related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and
hiring process, and more!
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work
directly as employees for any employer in the United States without
- Position may require up to 30% travel and being out in the
field throughout the SCE service territory.--
- Relocation assistance will not be offered. About Southern
California Edison The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on.
Our mission is so much bigger. We're fueling the kind of innovation
that's changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet.
Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing
our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE,
you'll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making
a real impact in Southern California and around the world. At SCE,
we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity
Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are
provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform essential job
functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833)
343-0727. Edison/Southern California Edison (SCE) is committed to
building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are a proud Equal
Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
original, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other
protected status. EEO is the Law /Pay Transparency . Edison/SCE
participates in: E-Verify Program (English and Spanish ) - Right to
Work program (English and Spanish ). Applicants have rights under
Employment Laws . If you require special assistance or
accommodation while seeking employment with Southern California
Edison, please contact Human Resources at (833) 343-0727 or (800)
352-8580 (Telecommunications device for the hearing impaired -
TTY). Please be aware of scammers posing as recruiters or
employers, using reputable company names with the intention to
collect confidential and/or financial information. If you receive
an unsolicited or suspicious job offer or application that claims
to be from Edison International or Southern California Edison,
please report it to our security team at (626) 815-5611. Edison
Energy and its subsidiaries are not the same company as Southern
California Edison, the utility, and they are not regulated by the
California Public Utilities Commission.
Keywords: Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL., Pomona , Technical Design Planning Specialist, IT / Software / Systems , Pomona, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!