Quality Control Lab Supervisor
Company: American Red Cross
Posted on: July 15, 2021
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch
millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the
human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's
largest humanitarian network?
As a QC laboratory supervisor (this position requires a CLS
license) you will be responsible for the daily operations of
Manufacturing. You will hire and supervise staff, participate in
education and training activities. Ensure compliance with federal,
state, ARCBS directives and regional policy and procedures and
regulations. Ensure compliance with safety policies and procedures
in the work area and use applicable protective equipment at all
times to prevent exposure to potentially infectious blood and body
fluids. Comply with the Clinical Laboratory I Improvement
Amendments (CLIA). Perform all duties and responsibilities in
compliance with standard operating procedures.
Learn more about the life-saving impact our employees have in
their communities in this short video:
The Men and Women
Behind Our Mission
- Responsible for the supervision of staff including, but not
limited to, hiring, training, coaching, evaluating and disciplining
to ensure a well-qualified team and to enhance operational success
- Responsible for staff training and certification of
- Prepare work schedules and ensure appropriate coverage for
- Assist in the review and update of manufacturing procedures to
comply with changes in regulations, ARCBS directives, local and
regional policies and procedures and technical advancements.
- Supervise all work processes and ensure work is performed
accurately and efficiently.
- Ensure compliance with state and federal regulations, AABB
standards, ARCBS directives and regional policies and
- Perform supervisory review of documents.
- Supervise good inventory management practices.
- Lead suspect product/sample management process.
- Ensure products/samples are suitable for release for
distribution and are managed appropriately.
- Ensure monthly product QC requirements are met.
- Ensure quality and quantity of manufacturing and distribution
goals are met; including timelines.
- Participate in documenting, investigating, troubleshooting and
preventing recurrence of department errors and problems.
- May participate in the validation of hardware, software,
instrumentation, test kits, and procedures as directed.
- May perform, review and approve quality control on products,
reagents, equipment and various test kits. Maintain the required
records and files.
- Communicate with National Testing Laboratory staff when
necessary to resolve problems, facilitate sample shipment, and
clarify test data transmission issues.
- Ensure accurate electronic and physical inventories location
for products are maintained.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of
staff so classified.
- Must be a licensed CLS in the state of California, per CLIA
- Bachelor's degree in science, or equivalent combination of
related education and experience required.
- Three years' experience including one year supervisory
experience required. MT (ASCP) certifications or equivalent
certifications where required.
- Blood banking or pharmaceutical manufacturing experience
preferred. Must have effective communication and customer service
- Knowledge of blood products, supplies, and the ability to
interact with diverse customers (internal and external) is
Essential Functions/Physical Requirements
The duties are representative of the essential functions of the
position. Operational flexibility is required to meet sudden and
unpredictable needs. Available to work overtime, other shifts,
early mornings, evenings, holidays and weekends. Requires standing,
stretching, stooping and bending for extended time periods. Lift,
pull, push and move objects of up to 50 pounds. May work in walk-in
refrigerator/freezers for periods of time. Work under pressure and
within time standards. Required to wear protective clothing such as
lab coats, gloves, face shields, etc. when there is exposure to
blood and blood products and/or where work location requires.
Ability to use a wide variety of lab or medical equipment. Ability
to use a personal computer and applicable software for sustained
periods of time
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with
the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national
origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization
offering its employee's professional development and growth
opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a
collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this
position, please visitwww.redcross.org/jobs to
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here:
Keywords: American Red Cross, Pomona , Quality Control Lab Supervisor, Other , Pomona, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!