Company: Abbott Laboratories
Posted on: May 11, 2022
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries.Abbott Rapid Diagnostics is
part of Abbott's Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing
together exceptional teams of experts and industry leading
technologies to support diagnostic testing which provides important
information for treatment and management of diseases and other
conditions.The position of Equipment Administrator is within our
Toxicology Business Unit located in Pomona, California. This role
will primarily be focused on will be responsible for overseeing the
tracking of equipment used to manufacture test kits and managing
spare parts used to support the manufacturing equipment. -This job
description will be reviewed periodically and is subject to change
- Communicates with engineers, technicians, and supervisors to
provide up to date maintenance status of all equipment.
- Communicates time sensitive information to internal customers
at manager and director levels with balance of education, customer
services, and compliance adherence responsibilities.
- Determines the priority of all incoming problem calls and
assign maintenance work orders to available resources.
- Interfaces with key business unit compliance and quality system
auditors as well as external BSi and FDA Auditors to portray
equipment control quality adherence.
- Links Lockout-Tagout procedures to equipment, and maintains
- Performs and monitors all equipment status changes, including
new equipment identification and logging.
- Enters, updates, and maintains Equipment Configurations for
- Performs master-file maintenance.
- Maintains, distributes, and ensures technicians meet assigned
PMs, work orders and CAL schedules.
- Generates, distributes, escalates, and monitors/tracks overdue
PMs, CALs and work orders.
- Generates Equipment Serial Numbers for all new equipment and
- Presents training on key equipment control database to ensure
that only those who have conducted appropriate training objectives
are given access to the database.
- Ensure all equipment is calibrated within the parameters and
ranges needed for Operations.
- Coordinate with Quality and Operations supervisors for all
calibrations and/or cleaning schedules. -
- Perform monthly temperature graph monitoring review.
- Pack and ship equipment that are not calibrated on site. -
- Create equipment information forms for new and existing
- Create work orders related to equipment requiring repair or
- Create and adhere to calibration, preventive maintenance, and
- Maintain procedures and records as per company standards.
- Provide management with necessary information and reports.
- Coordinate preventative maintenance with in-house
- Maintains stocking levels.
- Re-orders spares as necessary
- Receives/Stocks/Issues all spare parts for manufacturing
- Work with purchasing to setup blanket PO's for high usage
- Performs periodic inventory audits and cycle counts to ensure
correct inventory levels for parts.
- Determines stocking levels for individual items as per
- Stocks and maintains expendable items for the manufacturing
- Provide reports to the management teams regarding equipment
status, calibrations, maintenance, and spare parts.
- Demonstrates commitment to the development, implementation and
effectiveness of Abbott Quality Management System per ISO, FDA, and
other regulatory agencies.
- Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both
internal/external business associates that reflects positively on
the company and is consistent with the company's policies and
- Perform other duties & projects as assigned.MINIMUM
- High School Diploma / GED
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in equipment management,
calibration, maintenance or engineering
- Experience with medical device equipment
- Strong computer skills including but not limited to all
Microsoft office programs with strong knowledge of MS Excel forms,
both operational as well as database. -Ability to work
independently and team environment
- Demonstrate problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Organized and detail oriented
- Work independently and team environment PREFERRED
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- Asset management software experience preferred
- Experience with Quality Incidents (non-conformance reports) and
CAPA preferredAn equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and
encourages diversity in our workforce.We provide reasonable
accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. To
request an accommodation, please send an email to
Keywords: Abbott Laboratories, Pomona , Equipment Administrator, Other , Pomona, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!