UX Researcher - Remote
Company: First American Financial Corporation
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! As a
member of First American's family of companies, National Commercial
Services provides single-point service for simple to
multi-property/multi-state national commercial real estate
transactions. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an
unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what
they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an
environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be
innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive,
people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades,
including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For
- list for six consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a
best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and
have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work
lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to
work, for all. For more information, please visit
www.careers.firstam.com.Job SummaryContributes to qualitative and
quantitative research functions. Conducts research that helps
inform each stage of the product development lifecycle to drive
cross-functional decision-making with mountains of data-driven
- Ability to translate business questions to key research
objectives, leveraging the best methodology to execute research, to
synthesize and analyze findings.
- Adapt methods to the research question at hand using a range of
methods, weave together qualitative and quantitative insights for
data and empathy- informed understanding.
- Communicate clearly and confidently with stakeholders to -
execute critical insights that align with the business top needs
- Generate insights that shape how product teams think about
medium and long-term product strategy.
- Design and execute end-to-end custom primary research using a
wide variety of quantitative methods, and interpret analysis
through the lens of business impact, UX, HCI, and social
- Effectively manage and prioritize research plans through
ambiguous and fast-changing environments.
- Work closely with product teams, as well as other researchers,
to identify important research questions that address both user
behavior and attitudes, using the appropriate methodology.
- Select how to invest your time and guide the team on which
research tradeoffs are acceptable given the business question and
- Ability to explain metric analysis and analytical decisions
clearly and persuasively to a variety of audiences.
- Competence in key quantitative methodologies, e.g. card sorting
- Required to perform duties outside of normal work hours based
on business needs.Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Solid understanding of Design Thinking, Agile, Lean and DevOps
- Proven fluency in a wide array of mixed-method research
- Experience with personas, empathy mapping, road-mapping and
other user experience methodologies.
- Experience in outcome-based delivery being business and
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and respond quickly to
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, time management,
negotiation, and collaboration skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in order to define
business and technical parameters.Typical Education
- BA/BS in Computer Science with a focus on Human Computer
Interaction and or Design
- MS degree in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction,
Information Science, Experimental Psychology, or a related field
preferredTypical Range of Experience
- 4+ years of experience conducting product research, user
experience (UX) research, or research in an applied settingLicense
- Certified in Design Thinking, Preferred#LI-BR1#NCSDOTHFirst
American invests in its employees' development and well-being,
empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages
them to serve the communities where they live and work. First
American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal
opportunity employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a
comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision,
401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee
stock purchase plan.
Keywords: First American Financial Corporation, Pomona , UX Researcher - Remote, Other , Pomona, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!