Fabrication - 2nd Shift - Pomona, CA
Company: Siemens Corporation
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Responsible for operating punch, shear and brake machines in the
fabrication of custom parts. Job is typically performed indoors,
occasionally lifting heavy materials, wearing common safety
equipment ( i.e. cut resistant gloves/sleeves, safety shoes, safety
glasses and ear plugs etc..), being exposed to loud noises. This
position is 2nd Shift (current shift hours 4pm to 12:30 am).
Pay Rate: $17.70/hr (includes a shift differential)
Main Job Duties
* Sets up, programs, tests, and adjusts machines to shear, pierce,
extrude, bend, and/or shape material according to
* Processes work orders in adherence to the production schedule or
* Reads and interprets blueprints to produce desired parts.
* Installs, exchanges, aligns, and locks specified punches, dies,
or other fixtures on machines as applicable.
* Interfaces industrial robot (if applicable) for picking and
placing materials on a conveyor or other specified device.
* Loads, positions, and secures materials against fixtures, clamps,
or stops on machines.
* Observes equipment operations and resolves problems with the
machine operator control.
* Inspects completed workpieces for defects (e.g. jagged edges or
* Measures completed workpieces (with the use of squares, tape
measure, calipers, etc.) to verify conformance with
* Marks parts with identifying information.
* Neatly stacks fabricated parts on carts, conveyors, or any other
* Properly discards scrap and/or defected materials that are not
* Initiates scrap tickets to generate part replacement orders.
* Works with Material Handlers to ensure the material for each job
is available (e.g. copper, aluminum, cold rolled steel, galvanized
* Cleans and maintains machines, equipment, and work area to ensure
proper functioning and safe working conditions.
* Performs other work as directed by Supervision.
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* 1-2 years of experience
* This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious
Skills and capabilities
* Basic computer skills and use of basic mechanical /measuring
* Ability to speak, read, write and understand English
* Ability to stand to perform job duties
* Ability to reach, grasp and lift up to 50 lbs, push/pull and
slide heavy material
* Ability to stoop, bend, squat, crawl and climb
* Must be at least 18 years of age
* Must be detail-oriented and able to multi-task in a fast-paced
* Must be willing to learn all equipment operated in the facility,
and follow established processes
* Must be able to make coordinated movements of the hands and arms
to grasp and move objects.
wearing of masks (provided) while inside the facility if they are
Siemens has been recognized as one as one of the "World's Most
Admired Company" of the fortune 500 companies that is 170 + year in
Our Pomona center is growing, and we are in need of excited,
talented individuals interested in making Siemens a Career
Join our dynamic Pomona center, during the last 3 years we have
expanded the operations, and our business has significantly grown.
We are looking for enthusiastic, hard working and motivated people
to join our team.
High potential of conversion to full time positions within 60-90
days, based on performance and ability to learn. Once temp is
converted to permanent employment, Siemens will offer excellent
compensation package which include 401K contribution 6%, medical
insurance, dental insurance, Paid Leave/Paid Sick Leave, 10 Paid
Holidays, incentive bonuses and incremental rate increases every 6
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to their
race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status,
ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to
ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender
identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection
status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable
discharge from military service, and other categories protected by
federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from
discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay
Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices
about their personal information. To learn more, click here.
Keywords: Siemens Corporation, Pomona , Fabrication - 2nd Shift - Pomona, CA, Other , Pomona, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!