GIS Specialist [HYBRID]
Company: Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL.
Posted on: March 10, 2023
GIS Specialist [HYBRID]
- Job ID: 71039750
- Job Family: Transmission / Distribution
- Location: Pomona, CA US
- Other Locations:Job Description
Join the Clean Energy Revolution Become a GIS Specialist at
Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In
this job, you'll be part of the Geospatial Analysis group within
our Transmission & Distribution Business Unit. The successful
candidate will perform a wide variety of GIS Services by
collaborating with internal/external clients to assess project
requirements, create high-end analytical and cartographic map
products utilizing various data types and sources. You will also
develop online mapping tools (e.g. ArcGIS Online and Survey123) and
assist with the creation and maintenance of GIS-based web services
and web mapping applications. In addition, this position will be
supporting various major capital projects and providing support for
fire mitigation and environmental analysis. As a GIS Specialist,
your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and
create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the
challenge to help us build the future? A day in the life - Get
ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Lead or participate as a team member on Departmental/Business
Unit initiatives, special projects, and Major Project Organization
(MPO) capital projects.
- Designs, models, implements, and maintains geospatial
databases. Identifies and evaluates potential GIS applications and
tools to improve operational efficiency and integration of
location-based information such as Field Maps and Survey123.
Develops tools and procedures to automate and/or improve efficiency
- Performs in-depth analyses, develops recommendations to address
complex customer and/or Company problems/issues which cross
organizational boundaries that requires thorough technical
knowledge to resolve.
- Provides training and coaching to business partners to
familiarize Geo-database design, functionality, and usage.
- Creates analytical and cartographic map products utilizing
various data types and sources including satellite imagery/aerial
- Perform data quality controls including but not limited to
attribution checks and manage associated documents.
- Publish and administer hosted web layers and services using
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Three or more years of experience performing GIS analysis with
one or more of the following applications: (Esri ArcGIS, ArcPro,
ArcGIS Online). The preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Geography, Environmental Science or
Computer Science with an emphasis in GIS, or related field.
- Proficiency in the use of ESRI ArcGIS 10.0 or higher, ArcPro,
ArcGIS Online, Survey123, and Field Maps.
- Project Management experience, including an ability to work
with clients to assess project requirements and to plan,
coordinate, track and meet scheduled project deadlines.
- Specialized GIS education or certification.
- Knowledge with Autodesk, AutoCAD, AutoCAD Map3D (cGIS) is a
- Ability to produce technical documentation and to communicate
technical approaches clearly and concisely.
- Ability to represent the organization and collaborate with
internal and external business partners
- Experience with enterprise level geodatabase development and
management with relational databases such as Oracle and ArcSDE. You
should know ---
- Work Mode: When a return-to-office date has been determined,
this position's work mode is hybrid. The employee will report to an
SCE facility for a set number of days with the option to work
remotely on the remaining days. Unless otherwise noted, employees
are required to reside in the state of California. Further details
of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information
related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and
hiring process, and more!
- Relocation does not apply to this position. Testing
- This position requires testing and applicants who are
identified to continue through the selection process will be
invited to test via email. Please access our Information Guides to
reference test(s): (Test #8203). Candidates who have previously
passed these assessment(s), in some cases, may not need to retest
again for this position. About Southern California Edison The
people at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much
bigger. We're fueling the kind of innovation that's changing an
entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create
a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with
the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you'll have a
chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact
in Southern California and around the world. At SCE, we celebrate
our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will
not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status or any other protected status. We are
committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are
provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform essential job
functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833)
Keywords: Thomson Reuters Markets Espana SL., Pomona , GIS Specialist [HYBRID], Other , Pomona, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...