Shop Equipment Mechanic
Company: Altec Industries , Inc.
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Why Join Altec? Become part of the Altec Service Group, a
collaborative team that exceeds customer expectations, values its
team members, and upholds Altec's core values. Altec's primary
products include Aerial Devices, Digger Derricks, Cranes, Chippers,
Tracked Equipment, and Specialty Products. They can be found across
the U.S. and in over 100 countries around the world. In addition to
our 8 major manufacturing facilities, Altec has three final
assembly plants, 40+ service centers and an extensive network of
field service technicians. The Altec Service Group is dedicated to
the maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of the product lines
for the life of the equipment.Preferred
- Previous shop mechanic and/or equipment service experience
- Education in mechanics, electrical or hydraulic systems
- Experience with aerial devices, digger derricks, chippers,
cranes; or construction, mining, farm equipment such as excavators,
skid steers, dozers or tractors; or military heavy equipment such
as the MRAP vehicle, HMEE, or tanks; aircraft and aerospace or
ground support equipment (AGE/GSE) or similarWhy Altec?
- Join an industry leader. Altec's products - Made in America -
provide a comprehensive line of equipment that gives utility,
telecommunications, and other essential service providers the tools
to build and maintain critical infrastructure.
- Settle in with an Original Equipment Manufacturer in an
Essential Industry (supporting Utilities, Tree Care, &
- We are hardworking people who support hardworking people, who
support hardworking people!
- Ongoing factory training and world-class technical support to
enhance your technical skill set
- A range of training and education on-line offerings for
personal and professional improvement
- Competitive compensation that rewards performance
- Comprehensive benefits including affordable medical options,
dental and vision care, matching 401(k), company-paid Basic Life,
wellness programs, company events, paid vacation
- Potential to work overtime to support the customer
- Values that include Enjoyment of Work and FamilyRequired
- High School Diploma, state-approved High School Equivalency, or
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, and organizational
- Physical effort to move objects and tools that may weigh up to
75 pounds; frequent stooping, bending, squatting, and kneeling
- A high level of dexterity -
- Ability to provide tools per the Altec tool policy as
- Ability to develop basic computer skills with Microsoft
- Ability to support customer by working overtimeShould the
selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced
level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted.
Family-owned since 1929, -Altec -has the reach and resources of a
large organization with the heart of a local firm. "More than just
building equipment, we also build relationships." Safety is a
primary responsibility in everything we do as is support of the
-Altec Company Values: -Customer First - Enjoyment of Work - Family
- Financial Stability - Integrity - People are our Greatest
Strength - Quality - Spiritual Development - TeamworkMajor
- Independently complete services and repair tasks ranging from
basic to moderately complex.
- Provide basic troubleshooting.
- Perform Unit Condition inspections and Reports (UCR's).
- Utilize all technical support resources (including but not
limited to: operators, parts, and maintenance manuals, HowFactory,
etc.) in determining procedures and identifying parts.
- Maintain work area in a safe, clean, and orderly manner.
- Perform all tasks in a manner fully consistent with Altec
Safety practices and procedures.
- Advise supervisors of situations that may impact a customer
- Provide accurate and sufficient information on all required
- Demonstrate Altec Company Values.
- Perform other duties as
Keywords: Altec Industries , Inc., Pomona , Shop Equipment Mechanic, Other , Pomona, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...