Chemical Dependency Recovery Counselor II
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Job Summary: Provides Chemical Dependency services to adults,
adolescents and significant others of CD patients under
- Under the direction of a licensed clinical supervisor performs
- Answers and triages patient calls for information, Tx services,
general CD advice.
- Responds to and appropriately handles crisis calls.
- Identifies need for higher level assessment (e.g. other,
non-CD, MH diagnoses; danger to self or others; non-CD crisis
evaluations; emotional/family dysfunction).
- Performs intake and psychosocial assessments.
- Develops and presents treatment plans to CDRP/S treatment team
for recommendations, revisions and approval.
- Participates in clinical case conferences.
- Conducts chemical dependency focused educational lectures.
- Provides general chemical dependency counseling to include
individual and group counseling services.
- May provide Adolescent, Significant Other, Family and
Multi-Family therapy only under licensed supervision as
- Provides case management services to include resource and
- May perform mentor functions to Alcohol or Drug Certificate
candidates as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.Basic Qualifications:Experience
- Minimum two (2) years of supervised and related (may include
adolescent, adult, family, co-dependent) work experience in the
field of chemical dependency treatment. Will consider successful
completion of a KP addiction medicine internship in lieu of
- Master's degree in social work, psychology, sociology or other
field related to behavioral health.License, Certification,
- Associate Professional Clinical Counselor Registration
(California) OR Associate Marriage and Family Therapist
(California) OR Registered Associate Clinical Social Worker
(California) Additional Requirements:
- Once hired as an Associate, an employee will be offered and
must work a schedule that would accumulate at least half of the
required supervisory hours annually.
- Upon completion of supervised hours, the employee must obtain
state licensure within two and one-half (2.5) years. If hired as a
license-eligible employee (i.e. has completed all clinical hours),
the employee has two and one-half (2.5) years from their date of
hire to complete state licensure. Preferred Qualifications:
- N/A Notes:
- If Saturday clinic reopens (8:00am to 1:00PM) employee will be
required to work Saturday.PrimaryLocation : California,Los
Angeles,1505 N. Edgemont Medical OfficesHoursPerWeek : 40Shift :
DayWorkdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, SatWorkingHoursStart : 08:00
AMWorkingHoursEnd : 08:30 PMJob Schedule : Full-timeJob Type :
StandardEmployee Status : RegularEmployee Group/Union Affiliation :
B11-PSC-NUHW-NUHW Psych Social ChapterJob Level : Entry LevelJob
Category : Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual
CareDepartment : Edgemont MOB - Chemical Dependency-Reg Clin -
0806Travel : NoKaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer
committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser, Pomona , Chemical Dependency Recovery Counselor II, Other , Pomona, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...