Veterans Preferred - Plant Operator I - Loader (1:00PM - 9:30PM)
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. -Position Title:
Production Operator I (Loader)
Location: Pomona, CA (WST12)
Shift: 1:00PM - 9:30PM
How will you CONTRIBUTE and GROW?
The Gas Cylinder Operator I will assist in the cylinder
requalification and repair process and manually and/or with the aid
of material handling equipment move industrial gas cylinders to
different areas of the plant and loads/unloads cylinders from
delivery trucks. You will be responsible for the following tasks
and other tasks as assigned:
- Perform cylinder cleaning, painting and general maintenance
- Identify and sort cylinders for efficient retesting and
- Safely operate forklift, hand-truck, pallet-jack, chain hoist,
etc. to load/unload compressed and liquid industrial gas cylinders
to and from delivery trucks to testing and storage areas.
- May load cylinders onto vehicles manually or with the aid of
material handling equipment.
- Transfer plant cylinders to different areas within the facility
using a forklift.
- Notify the supervisor if normal truck loading duties cannot be
accomplished for any reason.
- Replace pallet straps as necessary.
- Complete required paperwork accurately and as needed.
- Report any equipment or facility defect(s) to supervisor.
- Ensure any accident or injury is promptly reported. Are you a
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent is preferred
- Minimum of one (1) year related experience and/or training
preferred --- Must be customer service oriented and able to
interact with fellow Associates in a professional manner
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and be
detailed-oriented with good organizational skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, MSDS, and procedure
- Possess basic mathematic and written skills About Airgas
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is a leading U.S. supplier of
industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and
related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety
Through the passion and diversity of its 18,000 associates, Airgas
fosters a culture of safety, customer success, sustainability and
innovation. Airgas associates are empowered to share ideas, take
initiative and make decisions.
Airgas is a subsidiary of Air Liquide, a world leader in gases,
technologies and services for Industry and Health. Air Liquide is
present in 78 countries with approximately 64,500 associates
Join us for a stimulating experience: you'll find a world of
learning and development opportunities where inventiveness is at
the heart of what we do, in an open, collaborative and respectful
Airgas offers a full benefits package includes:
Your differences enhance our performance
At Airgas, we are committed to build a diverse and inclusive
workplace that embraces the diversity of our employees, our
customers, patients, community stakeholders and cultures across the
We welcome and consider applications from all qualified applicants,
regardless of their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion,
disability or any other protected characteristic. We strongly
believe a diverse organization opens up opportunities for people to
express their talent, both individually and collectively and it
helps foster our ability to innovate by living our fundamentals,
acting for our success and creating an engaging environment in a
Airgas will consider for employment qualified Applicants with
Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status,
Keywords: Airgas, Pomona , Veterans Preferred - Plant Operator I - Loader (1:00PM - 9:30PM), Professions , Pomona, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!