Senior Catering Sales Executive
Company: Marriott International, Inc
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Posting Date Jan 07, 2022
Job Number 22002941
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location Sheraton Fairplex Hotel & Conference Center, 601 West
McKinley Ave, Pomona, California, United States
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
When you join the Sheraton family, you become a member of its
global community. We've been a place to gather and connect since
1937. At Sheraton, associates create a sense of belonging in more
than 400 communities around the world. We welcome guests through
engaging experiences and thoughtful service. If you're a team
player who is excited to deliver a meaningful guest experiences, we
encourage you to explore your next career opportunity with
JOB SUMMARYHandles more complex social and local corporate catering
opportunities that are above sales office parameters (e.g.,, 150
covers). Provides day to day supervision to catering sales
associates that are on-property. Contracts and closes local
catering and social business and verifies that business is turned
over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery.
Achieves catering revenue goals by actively up-selling each
business opportunity to maximize revenue. Implements the brand's
service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of
the sales process and drives customer loyalty by delivering service
excellence throughout each customer experience.CANDIDATE
PROFILEEducation and ExperienceRequired:
- High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the sales and
marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional.OR
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business
Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or
related major; no work experience required.Preferred:
- 2 years of catering sales experience.CORE WORK
ACTIVITIESManaging Sales Activities
- Manages the sales efforts for the property including local
corporate and social catering.
- Responds to incoming catering opportunities for the property.
- Identifies, qualifies and solicits new catering business to
achieve personal and property revenue goals.
- Solicits affiliate business associated with citywide events
from approved affiliate list provided by Citywide Sales Executive.
- Understands the overall market - competitors' strengths and
weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how
to sell against them.
- Closes the best opportunities for the property based on market
conditions and property needs.
- Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close
on business and negotiate contracts.
- Works with the management team to create and implement a
catering sales plan addressing revenue, customers and market.
- Designs, develops and sells creative catered events.
- Maximizes revenue by up-selling packages and creative food and
- Develops and manages catering sales revenue and operation
budgets, and provides forecasting reports.
- Develops menus that drive sales.
- Assists with selling, implementation and follow-through of
- Executes and supports Marriott's Customer Service Standards and
hotel's Brand Standards.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business
booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer
- Participates in and practices daily service basics of the brand
(e.g.,, Marriott Hotels and Resorts (MHR) Spirit to Serve Daily
Basics, Renaissance Hotels and Resorts (RHR) Savvy Service Basics,
Courtyard, SpringHill Suites, Fairfield Inn Basics of the Day,
Residence Inn Daily Huddle, or TownePlace Suites Morning Meeting).
- Establishes that the property implements a seamless turnover
from sales to operations and back to sales while consistently
delivering high level of service.
- Monitors the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as
a result of the sales process by creating mechanisms to channel
issues to property leadership and/or other appropriate
- Maintains successful performance by increasing revenues,
controlling expenses and providing a return on investment for the
owner and Marriott International.
- Handles more complex social and local corporate catering
opportunities that are above sales office parameters (e.g., 150
- Provides day to day supervision to catering sales associates
that are on-property.
- Contracts and closes local catering and social business and
confirms that business is turned over properly and in a timely
fashion for quality service delivery.
- Achieves catering revenue goals by actively up-selling each
business opportunity to maximize revenue.
- Implements the brand's service strategy and applicable brand
initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and drives customer
loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer
- Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business
needs.Building Successful Relationships
- Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (e.g.,
Sales Office, Area Sales,Enterprise Sales Team (EST)) to establish
coordinated sales efforts that are complementary and not
- Interacts effectively with sales, kitchen, vendors,
competitors, local community, catering associations and other hotel
departments in order to monitor guest satisfaction.
- Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer
satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and monitoring
their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
- Serves the customer by understanding their needs and
recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet
their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a
relationship and loyalty to Marriott.
- Gains understanding of the property's primary target customer
and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding
their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better
business solution both prior to, and during the program/event.
- Develops a close working relationship with operations to
execute strategies at the property level.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe
in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive,
people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any
protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any
other basis covered under applicable law.
Keywords: Marriott International, Inc, Pomona , Senior Catering Sales Executive, Sales , Pomona, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!